- 3 cans of mackerel in soy
- Rye noodles, quantity as on the package
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 large prawns
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 celery sticks
- 1/2 small pointed cabbage – cut finely into strips
- 1 fresh chili
- 1 large handful sprouts
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 lime, juice and finely grated zest
- 1 tbsp. crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp. fine fresh ginger
- Coconut fat for frying
- Sweet chili sauce
- Fresh coriander
This is how you do it
Drain the mackerel and cook the noodles as directed on the package.
Cut all the vegetables finely, possibly on a mandolin.
Start by frying the prawns in a bit of coconut fat, remove from pan when they are done. Fry all the vegetables in coconut fat for about 5-6 minutes.
When the vegetables have softened a bit, add finely chopped garlic, peanut oil, fish sauce, lime juice/zest, coriander seeds and fresh ginger. Fry through and add a little water if the wok is too dry.
Season with sea salt and ground pepper. Mix the noodles, sprouts and mackerel into the wok for the last minute, warm through and it is ready to serve.