Open sandwich with spicy mackerel
with mackerel in water
- 2 cans of mackerel in water/brine
- 2 slices of rye bread
- Radish in thin slices
- 1 red onion cut into rings
- A little finely chopped dill
- 4 cornichons cut into small cubes
- 1/2 apple cut into small cubes
- 1/2 dl. good mayonnaise
- 1/2 dl sour cream 18%
- 1 tbsp. strong curry
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated horseradish
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
This is how you do it
Mix all the ingredients for the curry dressing and let it set for a few hours, preferably overnight.
Spread the fish on the bread, which is smeared with butter and add the curry dressing on top.
Garnish with radishes, dill, and red onion.